We care about our member’s privacy rights. We only ask for personal information when we truly need it to provide a service to you. We collect it by fair and lawful means, with your knowledge and consent. We also let you know why we’re collecting it and how it will be used.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT AND HOLD
Personal information and data are only used and processed to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was intended. We willreceive and store personal information you enter through our website and app, provided to us directly or given to us in other forms. You may provide basic information to enable us to send information, provide updates and process your product or service order. The personal information we may collect depends on how you use our Services as well as the type of relationship we have with you and may include:
• Date of birth
• Phone number
• Email address
• Financial information such as bank account, credit card details.
We may collect additional information at other times, including but not limited to, when you provide feedback, when you provide information about your personal or business affairs, change your content or email preference, respond to surveys and/or promotions, provide financial or credit card information or communicate with our customer support. Additionally, we may also collect any other information you provide while interacting with us.
Soulhub does not collect information that is sensitive personal information (a particular type of personal information under the Act), unless it is relevant to our functions and activities. Sensitive personal information includes information about a person’s race, ethnic origin, political opinions, health, religious or philosophical beliefs and criminal history.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information via:
• Soulhub App
• our website including through online portals, email enquiries and postings;
• other electronic and paper correspondence;
• face to face meetings; and
• our social media channels and accounts.
Where possible, we will collect your personal information directly from you, your authorised representative or third parties you have authorised us to contact such as a referee or previous employer. There may be instances where we receive your personal information from third parties such as:
• contracted service providers, who have collected your information on our behalf; or
• member organisations or social media operators who you have authorised to share your personal information with other third parties such as us.
If we receive your personal information from another party we will contact you, if we have enough information to do so and it is reasonable in the circumstances. Some exceptions to advising you may arise where:
• you have provided consent or reasonably expect the collection to occur;
• the collection is required or authorised by or under law.
WHAT ARE THE PURPOSES FOR COLLECTING, HOLDING, USING AND DISCLOSING PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We collect personal information to:
• Provide you with our Services,
• Contact you in connection with the Services, including via text.
• Complete transactions.
• Provide customer and account services, such as notices regarding products or services or your account.
• Comply with applicable laws, law enforcement, or pursue our legal rights, including performing and enforcing our contractual obligations and rights, such as billing and collection.
• Evaluate and improve our products and services, and develop new products and services.
• Tailor our marketing and advertising to you, including via retargeting and creating look-alike audiences.
If we request personal information and you choose not to or you cannot provide us with that information, we may be unable to provide you with the relevant Services you have requested or need.
From time to time we will use the personal information we collect from you to inform you of products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. Soulhub may contact you by a variety of measures including, but not limited to telephone, email, SMS or mail.
We can, and usually will, disclose personal information where:
• you have consented to the disclosure;
• you would reasonably expect that your information will be disclosed;
• the disclosure is authorised or required by or under law, including circumstances where we are under a contractual or lawful duty of care to disclose information.
• Soulhub employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers, or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy.
• Contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and provide you with our products and services and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and secure, and to use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
• Buyers or other successors in the event of a merger, restructuring, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all assets.
• Government entities or other parties to comply with court order, law, or legal process, including responding to a government, court, or regulatory request.
• Data analytics providers for the purpose of advertising, marketing, or new franchise opportunities.
STORAGE, DATA SECURITY & RETENTION
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you are an Australian resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Phone: 0468 344 883